Equivalence of documents/periods of studies
Recognition of periods of study abroad by the TUCN-CRID Commission:
These information are according to the Methodology of studies recognition through CRID commission, available on site in the section Documents BRI).
The present procedure refers to the following categories of applicants:
- free-movers in incoming mobility, who studied during various time intervals in locally accredited universities outside Romania and who want to continue studies in faculties from TUCN.
- applicants whose diplomas were recognised by MEN-CNRED and who opt for the equivalence of the intervals of study in locally accredited universities outside Romania; these applicants want to be matriculated and continue and graduate from their studies in TUCN, receiving Bachelor, Master or Ph.D. diplomas.
- applicants who studied abroad during various time intervals in locally accredited universities outside Romania (but who did not graduate there), and want to have their study periods made equivalent in order to receive credit points in TUCN.
- application form - download
- legalised copy of the diploma of baccalaureate received in Romania or Certificate of Degree Recognition of studies in the Romanian education system issued by MEN-CNRED.
- legalised copy of the diploma of Bachelor or Master received in Romania or, the certificate or Certificate of Degree Recognition of in the Romanian education system issued by MEN-CNRED.
- an apostilate or supra-legalised document, that shows the records for the number of graduated years of studies, in which are included subjects, marks, number of credit points/number of points and number of classes for every subject; the documents; the document shall be issued by the higher education institution of the applicant and shall be presented in a copy translated in Romanian and legalised;
- the syllabi of the subjects studied in the higher education institution of origin, and its copy translated in Romanian and legalised translation in Romanian;
- the certificate of linguistic competence for the teaching and exam language;
- the legalised copy of the birth certificate and identity card or passport and a copy translated in Romanian and legalised;
- the legalised copy of the marriage certificate, in case the name on the study documents does not coincide with the name in the identity document and a copy translated in Romanian and legalised;
- a statutory declaration that the studies made previously had not been interrupted because of expel related to trespassing the university of origin ethical and deontological code.
The file is submitted to BRI
The sequence of the file:
Applicant -> BRI -> CRID/faculty -> BRI -> CRID/rectorate -> BRI -> Applicant
After the file is evaluated by the CRID-faculty commission, the applicant will be notified by email whether the studies made previously were fully recognised and made equivalent or equivalence exams have to be defended. The applicant shall make a statutory declaration, in writing, within two working days from being notified, of his/her agreement to defend equivalence exams. After all these aspects are cleared and solved and a minutes are filled in, the TUCN Rectorate CRID Commission shall issue the decision of recognising studies abroad and of enrolling the applicant in the year of study applied for.