The Technical University of Cluj-Napoca (TUCN) organizes a Preparatory year of Romanian Language for the international students according to the accreditation granted by the Romanian Agency for Quality Assurance in Higher Education, Order of the Ministry of National Education published in the Official Journal of Romania No. 680/06.08.2018.
This program is compulsory for the international students who wish to access programs of studies offered exclusively in Romanian Language.
The courses are organized within the Department of Modern Languages and Communication of the university and are taught by specialists professors in teaching the Romanian language as a foreign language. The admission to this program is organized according to the present legislation and according to the specific methodologies and procedures of the TUCN. The actual admission may differ according to different types of citizenship and permanent residence (EU/non-EU).
The course lasts one academic year, and it is split in 2 semesters (60 ECTS) and engages a full training for achieving competences in the field of Romanian language, culture and civilization, as well as specific knowledge in the fields of engineering, applied sciences (mathematics and nature sciences), biology and biomedical sciences. According to the curriculum, the Preparatory year of Romanian Language proposes the following subjects:
|Phonetics, vocabulary and grammar structures/1st semester||8 hours/week (S)||8|
|Oral and written communication I/1st semester||8 hours/week (S)||8|
|Understanding the written and oral text/1st semester||10 hours/week (S)||8|
|Romanian culture and civilization I/ 1st semester||2 hours/week (S)||6|
|Oral and written communication II/2nd semester||5 hours/week (S)||8|
|Writing and composition/2nd semester||6 hours/week (S)||6|
|Romanian culture and civilization II/ 2nd semester||2 hours/week (C),
1 hour/week (S)
|Specialized language/ 2nd semester||2 hours/week (C),
10 hour/week (S)
At graduation, the students have a final exam and obtain, in case of promoting the exam, a certificate of graduation B1-B2 level, according to the European Language Levels. This certificate permits the students to register to specific programs offered by TUCN or by any other accredited university in Romania.
* 4th of February - 13thof July - STEP 1 - Online application
* 7th of February - 21th of July - STEP 2 - Issuance of the Pre-enrolment Consent/Refusal
* February - July - Successful applications forwarded to the Ministry of Education (as soon as the file is complete and includes the Pre-enrolment consent, IRO sends it to the Ministry of Education for the next step).
* July - September - STEP 3 - Issuance of the official response by the Ministry of Education
* 27th of September - 15th of October - STEP 4 - Presenting the complete set of original documents and enrolment
NOTES regarding the above timeline:
• The average file processing time at TUCN is a fortnight. Mandatory condition: the file must be complete. An incomplete file will not be processed, the file processing fee will not be refunded, and the candidate will receive a refusal from the university
• PhD degree seeking candidates must request and obtain a Pre-enrolment consent from a PhD supervisor prior to uploading the file in the online application.The list of PhD supervisors and their contact details are available here.
• The aptitude test for Architecture will take place at a date and in a manner agreed by the Faculty of Architecture and Urban Planning
• The aptitude test for Arts (BA only) will take place at a date and in a manner agreed by the Faculty of Humanities.
The candidate’s file must contains the following documents:
The file shall be uploaded in the application provided.
All documents not originally issued in English, French or Romanian must be accompanied by legalized translations in one of these three languages.
The Curriculum available @ TUCN may be found at this link
Applicable university fees are listed here.
The candidate’s file is being analyzed by the representatives od the Department of Modern Languages and COmmunication based on the following criteria:
Note: The only documents of study that will be taken into account are the ones issued by an accredited institution
The Department may then issue a Pre-enrolment Consent or a Refusal.
Note: Incomplete files will not be processed and the processing fee will not be refunded.
As soon as the conditions at STEP 2, 2 a are met, IRO will send the candidate’s complete file to the Ministry of National Education for the Letter of Acceptance to studies to be issued.
After receiving the original Letter of Acceptance to studies, the candidate must contact the Romanian Embassy in the native or nearest country and obtain the visa for studies , which is mandatory.
The candidate must submit at IRO (International Relations Office of TUCN) the following original documents:
Note1: IN CASE THE DOCUMENTS OF STUDIES HAVE NOT BEEN ORIGINALLY ISSUED IN ENGLISH OR FRENCH, LEGALIZED TRANSLATIONS ARE BEING REQUIRED.
Note2: INFORMATION REGARDING THE TUITION FEE IS AVAILABLE AT THIS LINK.
Note3:THE ENROLMENT DEADLINE FOR THE CURRENT ACADEMIC YEAR FOR BACHELOR IS THE 14TH OF OCTOBER. DETAILS ABOUT ACCOMMODATION IN THE TUCN CAMPUS MAY BE FOUND HERE.